My current research is focused on metal oxide materials, including nanostructures fabrication and the characterization of their optoelectronic and surface properties. We are also interested in their potential applications in optoelectronic devices and environmental issues.
Ph.D. The University of Hong Kong, 2010
M.Phil. The University of Hong Kong, 2007
B.Sc. The University of Hong Kong, 2004
2011-Present, Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Southern University of Science and Technology
2010-2011, Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Physics, The University of Hong Kong
Honors & Awards
Selected candidate of Peacock Plan Award, Shenzhen
1. A. M. C. Ng, C. M. N. Chan, M. Y. Guo, Y. H. Leung, A. B. Djurišić, H. Xu, W. K. Chan, F. C. C. Leung, S. Y. Tong, “Antibacterial and photocatalytic activity of TiO2 and ZnO nanomaterials in phosphate buffer and saline solution”, Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 97, 5565-5573 (2013).
2. A. M. C. Ng, L. Dong, W. K. Ho, A. B. Djurišić. M. H. Xie, H. S. Wu, N. Lin, S. Y. Tong, “Recovery of Clean Ordered (111) Surface of Etched Silicon” Applied Surface Science 282, 156-160 (2013).
3. M. Y. Guo, A. M. C. Ng, F. Z. Liu, A. B. Djurišić, W. K. Chan, H. M. Su, K. S. Wong, “The effect of native defects on photocatalytic properties of ZnO”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C 115,11095-11101 (2011).
4. M. Y. Guo, A. M. C. Ng, F. Z. Liu, A. B. Djurišić, W. K. Chan, “Photocatalytic activity of metal oxides – The role ofholes and OH radicals”, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 107, 150-157 (2011).
5. A. M. C. Ng, X. Y. Chen, F. Fang, Y. F. Hsu, A. B. Djurišić, C. C. Ling, H. L. Tam, K. W. Cheah, P. W. K. Fong, H. F. Lui,C. Surya and W. K. Chan, “Solution-based growth of ZnO nanorods for light-emitting devices: Hydrothermal vs. Electrodeposition”, Applied Physics B-Lasers and Optics 100, 851-858 (2010).
6. A. B. Djurišić, A. M. C. Ng and X. Y. Chen, “ZnO nanostructures for optoelectronics: Material properties and device applications”, Progress in Quantum Electronics 34, 191-259 (2010).
7. A. M. C. Ng, Y. Y. Xi, Y. F. Hsu, A. B. Djurišić, W. K. Chan, S. Gwo, H. L. Tam, K. W. Cheah, P. W. K. Fong, H. F. Lui and C. Surya, “GaN/ZnO nanorod light emitting diodes with different emission spectra”, Nanotechnology 20, 445201 (2009).
8. A. M. C. Ng, A. B. Djurišić, K. H. Tam, W. M.Kwok, W. K. Chan, W. Y. Tam, D. L. Phillips and K. W. Cheah, “Organicnanoclusters on inorganic nanostructures for tailoring the emission properties of organic materials”, Advanced Functional Materials 18, 566-574, (2008).
9. A. M. C. Ng, K. Y. Cheung, M. K. Fung, A. B.Djurišić, and W. K. Chan, “Spectroscopic ellipsometry characterization of polymer-fullerene blend films” Thin Solid Films 517, 1047-1052 (2008).
10. Y. F. Hsu, Y. Y. Xi, K. H. Tam, A. B. Djurišić, J. M. Luo, C. C. Ling, C. K. Cheung, A. M. C. Ng, W. K. Chan, X.Deng, C. D. Beling, S. Fung, K. W. Cheah, P. W. K. Fong, and C. C. Surya, “Undoped p-type ZnO nanorods synthesized by a hydrothermal method” Advanced Functional Materials 18, 1020-1030 (2008).
Department of Physics
Room 122, Research Building 2, Southern University of Science and Technology, No. 1088 Xueyuan Road, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China. 518055